CA IPCC Tax Syllabus May 2017 and Applicable Amendments & New Changes are here. In this article, We’ve provided CA IPCC Taxation Syllabus Changes and Amendments Notification applicable for May 2017 and Nov 2017. Also Download CA IPCC Study Material for May 2017. The Syllabus of CA IPCC changes every two attempts. The Syllabus for May 2017 and Nov 2017 will be different for the IPCC subjects when compared to the syllabus that was applicable for Nov 2016 Exam. The reason for the change in CA IPCC Syllabus for May 2017 is the applicability of new Union Budget and also applicability of new Notifications and Circulars for this attempt. The CA IPCC Tax Syllabus new changes for May 2017 and Nov 2017 exam are available from the below provided links for free download. In this Article, we will list out Applicable CA IPCC Taxation Syllabus and also Amendments thereto.
CA IPCC Tax Syllabus For May 2017
IPCC Subjects For May 2017
There are total 7 Papers in CA IPCC Syllabus. See belowGroup IPaper 1: Accounting (100 marks)Paper 2: Business Laws, Ethics and Communication (100 marks)
- Part I: Business Laws (60 marks) comprising
- Business Laws (30 marks)
- Company Law (30 marks)
- Part II: Ethics (20 marks)
- Part III: Communication (20 marks)
Paper 3: Cost Accounting and Financial Management (100 marks)
- Part I: Cost Accounting (50 marks)
- Part II: Financial Management (50 marks)
Paper 4: Taxation (100 marks)
- Part I: Income-tax (50 marks)
- Part II: Indirect Taxes (50 marks)
Group IIPaper 5: Advanced Accounting (100 marks)Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance (100 marks)Paper 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management (100 marks)
- Section A: Information Technology (50 marks)
- Section B: Strategic Management (50 marks)
Tax IPCC Syllabus Changes May 2017
CA IPCC Tax Syllabus for May 2017 will see the most number of changes andamendments. This is due to the applicability of the Union Budget introduced in 2016.ICAI has already provided a detailed document listing out the CA IPCC Tax Syllabuschanges and amendments applicable for May 2017 which has been provided below.CA IPCC Tax Amendments DownloadTo make the preparation of IPCC Tax Syllabus easier, we will recommend students to go through our free Revision Notes for Tax (Both Direct Tax and Indirect Tax). These notes are provided in PDF format to easily view on Mobile devices.In there, we have provided all relevant notes for CA IPCC students including the latest amendments in Indirect Taxes part like Service Tax and CCR.Here we are providing CA IPCC Taxation Syllabus for May 2017 in PDF format. Click below links to download.
IPCC Syllabus Paper 4: Taxation
(One paper – three hours – 100 marks)Paper 4: TaxationApplicability of the Finance Act, Assessment Year etc. for May, 2015 examinationThe provisions of income -tax and indirect tax laws, as amended by the Finance (No.2) Act, 2014, including circulars and notifications issued up to 31st October, 2014. The relevant assessment year for income-tax is A.Y. 2015-16.Contents:Part I: Income-tax (50 marks)1. Important definitions in the Income-tax Act, 19612. Basis of charge; rates of taxes applicable for different types of assessees3. Concepts of previous year and assessment year4. Residential status and scope of total income; Income deemed to be received / deemed to accrue or arise in India5. Incomes which do not form part of total income6. Heads of income and the provisions governing computation of income under different heads7. Income of other persons included in assessee’s total income8. Aggregation of income; set-off or carry forward and set-off of losses9. Deductions from gross total income10. Computation of total income and tax payable; rebates and reliefs11. Provisions concerning advance tax and tax deducted at source12. Provisions for filing of return of income.Part II: Service tax (25 marks) and VAT (25 marks)Contents:Service tax (25 marks)1. Service tax – concepts and general principles2. Charge of service tax and taxable services3. Valuation of taxable services4. Payment of service tax and filing of returnsVAT (25 marks)5. VAT – concepts and general principles6. Calculation of VAT Liability including input Tax Credits7. Small Dealers and Composition Scheme8. VAT Procedures.Note: If new legislations are enacted in place of the existing legislations the syllabus will accordingly include the corresponding provisions of such new legislations in the place of the existing legislations with effect from the date to be notified by the Institute. Students shall not be examined with reference to any particular State VAT Law.
Part II: Indirect Taxes (50 marks)
1. Introduction to excise duty, customs duty, central sales tax and VAT – Constitutional aspects, Basic concepts relating to levy, taxable event and related provisions2. Significant provisions of service tax(i) Constitutional Aspects(ii) Basic Concepts and General Principles(iii) Charge of service tax including negative list of services(iv) Point of taxation of services(v) Exemptions and Abatements(vi) Valuation of taxable services(vii) Invoicing for taxable services.(viii) Payment of service tax(ix) Registration(x) Furnishing of returns(xi) CENVAT Credit [Rule 1 -9 of CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004]Note: If new legislations are enacted in place of the existing legislations the syllabus will accordingly include the corresponding provisions of such new legislations in place of the existing legislations with effect from the date to be notified by the Institute. Students shall not be examined with reference to any particular State VAT Law.Share this article ” CA IPCC Taxation Syllabus May 2017 – New Changes by ICAI ” to your friends, who are going to write CA IPCC exam in May 2017!!