CA IPCC IT & SM Syllabus May 2017 and Applicable Amendments & New Changes are here. In this article, We’ve provided CA IPCC Information Technology & Strategic Management Syllabus Changes and Amendments Notification applicable for May 2017 and Nov 2017. Also Download CA IPCC Study Material for May 2017. The Syllabus of CA IPCC changes every two attempts. The Syllabus for May 2017 and Nov 2017 will be different for the IPCC subjects when compared to the syllabus that was applicable for Nov 2016 Exam. The reason for the change in CA IPCC Syllabus for May 2017 is the applicability of new Union Budget and also applicability of new Notifications and Circulars for this attempt. The CA IPCC IT & SM Syllabus new changes for May 2017 and Nov 2017 exam are available from the below provided links for free download. In this Article, we will list out Applicable CA IPCC Information Technology & Strategic Management Syllabus and also Amendments thereto.
CA IPCC IT & SM Syllabus For May 2017
IPCC Subjects For May 2017
There are total 7 Papers in CA IPCC Syllabus. See below
Paper 1: Accounting (100 marks)
Paper 2: Business Laws, Ethics and Communication (100 marks)
- Part I: Business Laws (60 marks) comprising
- Business Laws (30 marks)
- Company Law (30 marks)
- Part II: Ethics (20 marks)
- Part III: Communication (20 marks)
Paper 3: Cost Accounting and Financial Management (100 marks)
- Part I: Cost Accounting (50 marks)
- Part II: Financial Management (50 marks)
Paper 4: Taxation (100 marks)
- Part I: Income-tax (50 marks)
- Part II: Indirect Taxes (50 marks)
Paper 5: Advanced Accounting (100 marks)
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance (100 marks)
Paper 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management (100 marks)
- Section A: Information Technology (50 marks)
- Section B: Strategic Management (50 marks)
IPCC IT SM Syllabus May 2017
Just like Costing FM syllabus, you will not find much changes in the syllabus of CA IPCC Information Technology (IT) and Strategic Management (SM) papers.
Here we are providing CA IPCC IT & SM Syllabus for May 2017 in PDF format. Click below links to download.
IPCC Syllabus Paper 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management
(One paper – three hours – 100 marks)
Revised IPCC Syllabus – Applicable for May 2017
Section A: Information Technology (50 Marks)
1. Business Process Management & IT
Introduction to various Business processes – Accounting, Finances, Sale, Purchase etc., Business Process Automation – Benefits & Risks, Approach to mapping systems : Entity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Systems Flow diagrams, Decision trees/tables, Accounting systems vs. Value chain automation, Information as a business asset, Impact of IT on business processes, Business Risks of failure of IT, Business Process Re-engineering
2. Information Systems and IT Fundamentals
Understand importance of IT in business and relevance to Audit with case studies, Understand working of computers and networks in business process automation from business information perspective, Concepts of Computing (Definition provided by ACM/IEEE and overview of related terminologies), Overview of IS Layers – Applications, DBMS, systems software, hardware, networks & links and people, Overview of Information Systems life cycle and key phases, Computing Technologies & Hardware – Servers, end points, popular computing architectures, emerging computing architectures & delivery models – example: SaaS, Cloud Computing, Mobile computing, etc., Example: Overview of latest devices/technologies – i5, Bluetooth, Tablet, Wi-Fi, Android, Touchpad, iPad, iPod, Laptop, Notebook, Smartphone, Ultra- Mobile PC etc.)
3. Telecommunication and Networks
Fundamentals of telecommunication, Components and functions of Telecommunication Systems, Data networks – types of architecture, LAN, WAN, Wireless, private and public networks etc., Overview of computing architectures – centralised, de-centralised, mainframe, client-server, thin-thick client etc., Network Fundamentals – Components, Standards and protocols, Network risks & controls – VPN, Encryption, Secure protocols, Network administration and management – concepts and issues, How information systems are facilitated through telecommunications, How Internet works, Internet architecture, key concepts, risks and controls, e-Commerce and M-commerce technologies
4. Business Information Systems Information Systems and their role in businesses, IT as a business enabler & driver – ERP, Core Banking System, CRM, SCM, HRMS, Payment Mechanisms, The relationship between organisations, information systems and business processes, Accounting Information Systems and linkages to Operational systems, Business Reporting, MIS & IT, Organisation Roles & responsibilities and table or authorities, importance of access controls, privilege controls, Specialised systems – MIS, DSS, Business Intelligence, Expert Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Management systems etc.
5. Business process automation through Application software Business Applications – overview and types, Business Process Automation, relevant controls and information systems, Information Processing & Delivery channels and their role in Information Systems, Key types of Application Controls and their need, Emerging concepts – Virtualisation, Grid Computing, Cloud delivery model
Share this article ” CA IPCC IT & SM Syllabus May 2017 – New Changes by ICAI ” to your friends, who are going to write CA IPCC exam in May 2017!!